Scope & quality of our activities
The scope and quality of the activities carried out by the Department are recorded and
subject to on-going review in the form of the following:
- Specifications of the services available at each Trust are incorporated into Service Descriptions.
- Record our patient activity quarterly - over 80,000 patients each year benefit directly from our services.
- Monitor our performance quarterly against quality standards.
- Biennial patient surveys consistently show a very high level of satisfaction with our services.
- Internal audit and peer group review.
- External audit and accreditation by agencies such as:
- Health & Safety Executive
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine.
- Training review for all new staff followed by active support for continuing professional development.
- Annual review of training and personal development requirements for all staff to maintain assured competence.
- Biennial reports that allow public scrutiny of our performance.