Regional Medical Physics Department is actively involved in many disciplines within the NHS on a day to day basis, providing scientific and technical expertise to aid the diagnosis of disease and dysfunction.
Diagnostic services to patients
- Ano-rectal physiology
- A comprehensive range of tests to detect ano-rectal disorders.
- Audiological Science
- Identification, assessment and rehabilitation of patients with hearing and balance disorders.
- Back shape assessment
- Non-invasive method of measuring spinal curvature in patients with scoliosis.
- Bone mineral measurement
- Measuring bone mass for the diagnosis and monitoring of osteoporosis.
- Gait assessment
- Biomechanical interpretation of patients with disorders of gait.
- Gastrointestinal studies
- Study of reflux and motility disorders associated with swallowing.
- Microvascular studies
- Investigation of patients with disorders of peripheral circulation.
- Nuclear Medicine
- Diagnosis and treatment of disease using radioactive materials.
- A range of visual electrophysiology tests as well as eye movement recording.
- Investigation of patients with skin diseases caused by sunlight.
- Sleep studies
- Assessment of patients with sleep-related breathing problems.
- Evaluating bladder pressure and flow in patients with micturition problems.
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Measuring blood flow in lower limbs and carotid blood vessels.
Top of page